We encourage you to start having conversations with counselors and your parents about your college interests. You should all be on the same page when it comes to your interest in:
- Going to a South Dakota public university or technical institute.
- Pursuing coursework that will put you on the right path for college.
- The importance universities and technical institutes place on grades, and at what year will your school grades start to matter in the admissions process.
- Pursuing extracurricular activities (such as sports, performing arts, volunteer work, or other activities that interest you).
- Visiting them at their job and shadowing them to decide if their occupation matches your interests.