Talk to your guidance counselor, parents, siblings, aunt, uncle, respected family friend and pastor about:
- Going to a South Dakota college or university.
- College-track courses to start taking in middle school.
- The importance colleges and universities place on grades, and at what year will your school grades start to matter in the admissions process.
- Pursuing extracurricular activities (such as sports, performing arts, volunteer work, or other activities that interest you).
- Their career and the good and bad involved.
- Visiting them at their job and shadowing them to decide if their occupation matches your interests.